We're Good To Go and looking forward to welcoming you to Whitehill Country Park this Summer Please take a few moments to read through the following information...
Contents Quick Links
|Before Travelling||Checking In|
|Staying Safe||What's Open|
|Book Swim Sessions||Book Activities|
|Click & Collect Bakery||Out & About|
Please ensure that you are up to date with the latest government advice and COVID-19 regulations and understand what this means for your personal circumstances. If you do make the decision to continue with your holiday, then we will assume that you and your party are compliant with all government and local advice.
**If any of your household are experiencing any symptoms of Covid-19 (Coronavirus), or have been told to self-isolate, DO NOT TRAVEL**
If you are unable to travel, please call us on 01803 782338 as soon as you can, and we can discuss the options available.
Building Work 2020/21 | Coming Soon New Indoor Pool
Please continue to be aware that there will be building work taking place on site over as part of a scheduled development for the addition of an indoor swimming pool. We will do all we can to minimise any disruption or inconvenience this may cause and apologise in advance for our appearance during this time. Find out more
Please ensure you have your booking number to hand on arrival.
For Holiday Caravans and Lodges check in from 4pm: Please park in the main car and head to our Reception ‘check-in window’, located next to the main gate. Accommodation keys will be sanitised.
For Touring, Camping and Pods check in from 12pm : Please proceed to the Touring Lane, then head to our Reception ‘check-in window’, located next to the main gate. Once checked in, a member of the team will show you to your pitch.
On your departure day accommodation must be vacated at 10am and we kindly ask you to depart the site by 12pm.
If staying in Holiday Caravan or Lodge: Please leave windows open on the latch, strip your beds, and leave all linen and towels inside the front door before leaving. Please return accommodation keys to Reception.
Our reception will be open daily from 8:30am. Where possible, please contact us by phone and email. Please only visit in person if 100% necessary.
Daytime 01803 782338
Evening 01803 781026 (Emergencies only after 11pm).
For non-urgent enquiries please email [email protected]
Please understand that if our maintenance team need to enter your accommodation to investigate/repair a fault, you will need to vacate the accommodation. We will carefully clean and sanitise anything we have touched.
Staying Safe At Whitehill
Whilst the government have lifted the legal restrictions, we are still responsible for the safety of our guests and staff, so some limits and booking requirements are still in place to ensure we can provide a safe and manageable environment for everyone to enjoy.
- Please bring your face coverings – It is recommend that you continue to wear face coverings in crowded indoor areas to help protect others, but it is not possible for us to enforced this.
- Please be kind and continue to keep a respectful distance from others
- Please continue to supervise your children at all times.
- Only registered guests are permitted onsite – if you have friends in the area, please meet them elsewhere.
- NHS Covid-19 App - QR codes will still be available to check-in to bars, the cafe and facilities if you wish.
#BeKindToHospitality We are working to safely offer as many facilities and activities as possible for you to enjoy. Please be aware that in the coming weeks, onsite services, activities and facility opening times may be affected in response to staff shortages due to self-isolation requirements. We will do all we can to minimise disruption to services. Our priority will always be to keep staff and customers safe, so please be kind to our hard-working staff; they are in very short supply at the moment and with the extra pressure of team members self-isolating, are working extra hard to provide you with the best experience we possibly can in challenging circumstances. If you are unhappy about something, please let us know, but put yourself in their shoes and remember to please speak to our staff with kindness and respect – thank you in advance for your understanding.
What do I do if I develop symptoms of Covid-19 whilst during my stay?
If you or any members for your party develop symptoms of Covid-19 during your stay, you and your household must return to your accommodation immediately, staying at least 2m away from any other guests and staff. Please notify us immediately by calling 01803 782338 (please do not visit reception) and request a test. During this time do not use any of the shared facilities on site and remain isolated from other guests and staff. For medical assitance call NHS 111 (or 999 if you are seriously unwell). For the safety of our park users and staff, you will be required to return to your home address, if safe to do so, as soon as possible.
Please be aware that there is a possibility advertised services and facility opening times will be affected in the coming weeks in response to staff shortages due to current Covid-19 testing and isolation requirements. We will do all we can to minimise any disruption to services and thank you in advance for your understanding.
Hayloft Bar, Terrace and Beer Garden
- Find yourself a clean table and order drinks and food from the bar.
- Restaurant Menu available every evening 5pm-9pm
- As a courtesy, we recommend that you continue to wear a face covering in this area.
The Café, Hatch Takeaway
- Serving breakfast and lunch to eat in
- Food and drinks to takeaway
View Takeaway Menu | View Eat in Breakfast Menu
Outdoor Swimming Pool
- All sessions must be pre-booked.
- Session available on the hour (closing for 15 minutes between session for cleaning/water sanitisation)
- Bookable one day in advance (Monday sessions available to book from Sunday)
- Grocery Starter Packs available to pre-order
- All the essentials, groceries, newspapers, beer, wine, gifts and souvenirs
- Calor and Camping Gaz available
- Ice block freezing service
- DVD/Blueray and Wii Games to Hire (Max 2 £5 deposit per item)
- Click and Collect Bakery - Order bread and croissants to collect from 9am
- Coin operated - £4 per wash + 50p for dryers
- Free ironing facilities
Play a selection of arcade games or challenge the family to a round of table tennis or pool!
The Den Soft Play
- Indoor fun for children aged 8 and under.
- Unaccompanied children are not permitted in this area.
Activities and Entertainment
Check out our range of pre-bookable family activities planned this summer...
See our What's On Guide for full details
All activities must be pre-booked, as numbers are strictly limited. Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times
NEW Easiglide Segways
Segway? Yes Way! Fun for all the family, why not experiencing the ultimate thrill and explore Whitehill Country Park by Segway this Summer! Available Saturdays, Tuesdays & Thursdays (Daily During school holidays)
Enjoy a mix of music and entertainment with our hosts Harriet, Chris and Derry every evening from 7:30pm in the Granary - plus weekly guests appearances live in the Hayloft.
See our What's On Guide for full details
We are lucky to be located in a beautiful countryside setting, within close reach of spectacular coastline and beautiful Devon beaches, the Southwest Coast Path and Dartmoor National Park. Onsite you’ll find private woodland walking trails and from the park you can enjoy a peaceful walk to the village of Stoke Gabriel with its picturesque mill pool and quay. View our Stoke Gabriel Walking Map
Lots of our local attractions including Paignton Zoo, Dartmouth Steam Railway, Splashdown Water Park, Totnes Rare Breeds Farm, Reach Outdoors and Babbacombe Model Village are open and ready to welcome you this Half Term! Pre-booking may still required for most attractions - please check their websites before visiting! Find out more
Visit the English Riviera website for more information about our local attractions and things to do!
Free WiFi Hotspots are available in the Hayloft Bar Area. You can access this using your Facebook login or ask the bar staff for a password.
Holiday Caravans and Lodges include complimentary WiFi for up to 3 devices - log-in details and a 'How to' guide are display inside your accommodation.
- Please ensure dogs are kept on a lead at all times when onsite, unless in the designated Dog Exercise Area or Bluebell Woods (See park map)
- Scoop that poop - Owners are responsible for cleaning up after their dogs at all times.
- Please NEVER leave your dog unattended inside your accommodation or vehicle or on your pitch.
- £1 from every Dog Booking goes to support our local rescue centre, Animals in Distress.
For more information about our dog-friendly holidays, please read the Dogs at Whitehill Guide
Please be aware, dogs are only permitted in specified dog-friendly accommodation and must be pre-booked.